Saturday, November 3, 2012

5 for 50

My 5 half-marathons in my 50th year was a great success! It is a success because I finished them all and I am not hurt. As the racing season comes to a close I find myself cranky and thinking what next??

The weather is cold, all I can think of is eating, it seems every year ends the same. My running becomes non-existent, I half heartily do some exercise videos, blah, blah, blah. So beginning tomorrow I am going to write out a plan. I joined up  Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge that should help me through the holidays and then hopefully there will be snow and I can ski and snow shoe my way through a northern Wisconsin winter!

Check out the challenge and if you do decide to join tell them I sent you!
Enough with the being such a downer, I got my 5 miles in today, though I can't seem to get a handle on my eating! I just downloaded Lose It on my IPhone and will start food journaling tomorrow. So there is alway tomorrow right, I really should not complain, I could be in the misery that is out east. Those poor people, hope it gets better for them soon!


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on completing your 5 half marathons this year! What an accomplishment! Good luck with HBBC. I'm terribly sorry I wasn't already following you. You must be one of the blogs I lost during the blogger mess that screwed up the blogs I was following. Sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comments, I have been a lazy blogger, too much running, not enough blogging. Good luck to you too!

      Delete
  2. the not hurt part of that is HUGE!!! kudos to you on not only achieving a goal but avoiding what derails so many runners :)

    ReplyDelete